Last week we had a 2 hour delay on Thursday and a 2 hour early dismissal on Friday because of snow. Tuesday it got up to 70. What gives?
We used glue sticks for the “drink” portion. It actually worked very well! The chocolate powder adhered well and it dried quickly. I’d definitely recommend that. The students scooped the powder with a measuring cup. Then, we used stick glue on the snowflakes (that are on these cups) and put glitter on them. The students held the glitter container and shook it on. The last step was the marshmallows. We had cotton balls and had the students tear them apart. We used the little pieces they tore as the marshmallows. To stick these on, we used liquid glue. The students helped squeeze the glue bottle.
We worked on receptively and expressively identifying “cup”, “chocolate”, “drink”, and “marshmallow”. Here’s the finished products. They really are super cute!
This is an awesome idea and I plan on looking at the Melissa and Doug blog too!!